…for your Wedding Day)
Having your makeup done by a Professional Makeup Artist is by far the best way of ensuring you look and feel the best version of yourself on your wedding day. It will also make sure your makeup stays put all day and looks flawless in your wedding photos.
So how do you go about finding the best Makeup Artist for you?
Here are my TOP 11 TIPS:
1) Ask your friends, family, co-workers and hairdresser if they can recommend a good makeup artist that specialises in Bridal Makeup.
2) It is really important that you look for a Makeup Artist that specialises in Bridal Makeup – they will know how to make you look your most beautiful and how to make sure the makeup is long-lasting and looks flawless in photos.
3) Search on google for your local area, such as: “Makeup Artist Leeds” or “Bridal Makeup Artist Harrogate”. This will help ensure they are familiar with local venues and hairdressers and are less likely to add travel costs too.
4) Warning: do not go for the cheapest option, this is the most important day of your life and as with most things in life, you get what you pay for.
5) Check each Makeup Artists’ credentials: what are her qualifications and how much experience does she have in Wedding Makeup?
6) Look at the photo gallery on her website and check to see if her makeup style is something that fits well with you & your vision for the day.
7) Check her previous clients’ reviews and testimonials. Look out for comments like “I felt my most beautiful” or “thank you for being so attentive with my mother in law”.
8) Contact 3 Makeup Artists that you’ve shortlisted and take into account their speediness when replying to you and also their tone and manner. If they’re friendly and efficient on email or the phone, they’re likely to be like that in person too.
9) Important: always have a wedding makeup trial. This is vitally important to make sure you love the makeup on the day.
10) Take lots of magazine cuttings to your trial so that the Makeup Artist can get a good feel for your preferred makeup look. If I see a stark difference between the photos a bride brings me, it prompts me to ask lots more questions to help her really define what it is she wants.
11) Don’t worry about offending a Makeup Artist at your trial. A true professional won’t mind at all if you have some changes and tweaks to the makeup.
I hope this Blog Post helps you make the best choice for your big day! X
Mel England – Makeup Artist Leeds, Harrogate, Ripon (& the North Yorkshire area)