It’s finally December and I’ve noticed over the past week or two how different I’m feeling in the mornings about my clothes and makeup choices. I’ve decided to embrace my paleness rather than trying to cheat the change in seasons with self tan and I am feeling more drawn to all those sumptuous autumn/winter colours; berries, purples, burgundies and khaki greens.
So how does the change in seasons affect your makeup? From now on we will all no doubt be cranking up the central heating then going outside into the cold weather so our skin will be drier and lips will be constantly chapped.
My Top 10 Autumn/Winter Makeup Tips
- Invest in a really good moisturiser that suits your skin type (get some inspiration from this article by Harpers Bazaar)
- Work with your paler skin and resist the temptation to bronze too much
- Check your foundation still matches your skin tone (test on your chin) – mix two colours together if you’re an ‘in-between’ colour
- Make sure your concealer also matches your paler skin (if not you will look ‘patchy’)
- Use plenty of lip balm (my favourite is Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream)
- Be bold and go for a darker lip colour (more on my favourite autumn/winter lipsticks below)
- Avoid frosty colours and anything in the pastel colour range
- Soft brown or grey smokey eyes will look great at this time of year
- This is definitely the season to perfect your flicked eyeliner look (for more information check out my recent blog on the best eyeliners)
- For full on glamour – apply some fabulous false lashes! (look out for my up and coming blog on Christmas Party Makeup…)
It’s all about strong lips for the AW15 season… some of my favourites are:
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Night Crimson
- Ariane Poole’s Luxury Matte Lipstick Red Carpet Red
- Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick 753 Continental
- Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipstick Under My Spell
Are you looking for the best makeup artist in Harrogate? I have 10 years experience and specialise in beautiful Wedding Makeup. I also take pride in offering private or group Makeup Lessons to my clients.
For more information about my services as a Professional Freelance Makeup Artist please visit my website: www.melenglandmakeup.com or email me at: email@example.com